Wednesday 15 March 2017

LO1: Job roles within a media production team



I am going to be comparing between the two job roles of the editor and the camera operator.







Editor

The main objective of the editor is to properly assemble the finished film products raw footage in order to make it look presentable for viewing.

In terms of the equiptment used for editing during the production of a film, the editors would primarily use software such as: Windows Live Movie Maker, Adobe Premiere Pro CS6/CC and Avid Pro Tools or After Effects for their editing. In order to gain high quality presentable footage you would need to be really skilled in using the software. Another thing that you would need to be able to do in order to perfectly edit raw footage is to have a good eye for fine details, this is important due to the fact that if you're able to vision these scenes how youd like them you are able to build the final product to your design.

I feel as if the editor role within a media production team would best suit me due to the fact that I have had experience before with editing during one of my music video project for college. I am currently partaking in a new documentary project with my group based around Cal Sugden from the YouTube channel Sheff Shooters. The software that me and my group have chosen to use for this project in terms of editing is Adobe Premiere Pro CC, this is due to the fact that we are familiar with this programme.   

Camera operator

A camera operator is a talented indivdual that has a creative eye and the ability to see a project through in order to film the best suitable footage, and is in charge of helping the editor edit the final product for the film.

The responsability of the camera operator during the production stage of the media is vital, the camera operator is the one who works with the director and has to make sure that everything is in check when it comes to the camera equiptment and is control of the maintenance of the camera which plays a huge part in terms of filming for the any type of media production. When it came to the documentary that me and my group created for college, me and Sam Chubb were appointed as the camera opperators due to our in depth knowledge in camera angles and camera movements along with our knowledge on points of interest, depth of field and exposure.

I feel as if I would be suited for this job role due to the fact that I have quite a lot of experience working as a camera operator, and I have a good eye when it comes to filming scenes and taking pictures. I believe that my knowledge in photographic elements and filming techniques could compliment each other well if I was to persue this job role.

A camera operator would require a various amount of equiptment that benefit his area in work by supporting him with his camera filming. This can range from a tripod to a stabilizer in order to get the best film footage possible.

Comparison of job roles

Both of these two job roles that I have selected within a film production company or TV show. These two job roles are possible the most important job roles within the production team for TV , and help produce a high quality piece of footage for the audience to view. If these job roles were not forfilled within the production process of the product, you would notice a large drop in quality and it would affect the film negatively. In order to operate one of these job roles you would need an understanding how to use a certain type of editing software which can either make or break the film in terms of how smooth it looks when the audience view it.

No comments:

Post a Comment